Privacy & T&Cs
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You should read these Terms and Conditions prior to using the Website. You should also save and/or print out a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your future reference.
- We may from time to time vary the Terms and Conditions. The revised Terms and Conditions will be available via the Website. Please check our Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any variations we may make. If you continue to use our Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such variations. If you do not agree to such variations, you should not use our Website.
- You must not interfere with, or disrupt, the Website or any servers or networks connected to the Website, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, malware, spyware or any other code of a destructive, malicious or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way in which any page of the Website is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- You must not access the Website or any Materials (defined below) via a means not authorised in writing in advance by us, including but not limited to, automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers (except for standard search engine technologies).
-You must not attempt to restrict another user of the Website from using or enjoying the Website and you must not encourage or facilitate the breach of these Terms and Conditions by others
- You agree not to use the Website for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Website, including, but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Website or change, modify or alter another website so as to inaccurately imply an association with the Website or with us.
- If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, or any of the other terms and policies referred to in these Terms and Conditions, your ability to access and use the Website may be terminated by us immediately by giving written notice to you using the contact details made available to us. We may withdraw your access to our Website and/or your account at any time and for any reason and we will not be liable for any resulting loss or damage to the fullest extent permissible in law.
- You are not permitted to use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from our Website except in cases where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written agreement with us that expressly permits such activity.
- Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We update the Website regularly so we may change the content at any time. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you for any reason if the Website is unavailable at any time for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that use of the Website is subject to your computer and/or device complying with our minimum standard technical specifications and compatibility requirements. You are advised to check this specification to ensure that your computer and/or portable device is compatible with our Website and we shall not be liable for any failure arising in the Website which arises from incompatibility (including, without limitation, minimum storage and memory requirements from time to time).
- You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that our Website will:
/ be compatible with all or any hardware or software which you may use;
/ be available all the time or at any specific time;
/ be accurate and up to date; or
/ be error-free or free of viruses, electronic bugs, Trojan horses or other harmful components and you must take your own precautions accordingly.
- You also acknowledge that:
/ we may be required to remove certain content from the Website from time to time;
/ we cannot guarantee the speed or security of our Website; and
/ we will not be responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any virus attack that can be traced to our Website to the fullest extent permissible by law.
We will also have no liability to you for any failure to maintain the Website.
- Our Website and all information, music, images, photographs, videos and other content displayed on our Website are protected by certain rights. These rights include all patents, rights to inventions, copyright, database rights, performer's property rights, moral rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered ("Rights"). These Rights either belong directly to us or are licensed to us from their respective owners or licensors.
- You may only view, print out, use, quote from and cite the Website and the Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use and on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgment to us where appropriate.
- We expressly reserve all Rights in and to our Website and the Materials and your use of our Website and the Materials is subject to the following restrictions.
You must not:
/ remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;
/ use any Materials in any manner that may infringe any of our Rights or the Rights of a third party;
/ use the Materials in any way that might be illegal or breach the Terms and Conditions;
/ reproduce, modify, edit, mix or remix, apply any voiceover or commentary, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit our Website and/or the - Materials in any way for any commercial purpose, without our prior written consent; or
/ use the Website or Materials in any way that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or in any manner that will violate the privacy, publicity or personal rights of others or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful material including without limitation using the Website or any Materials in connection or association with any obscene, defamatory, illegal, pornographic material or in relation to products and services that relate to firearms, gambling, pharmaceuticals, pornography or tobacco or otherwise than in accordance with normal standards of decency.
- Any use of our Website or the Materials in a manner not expressly permitted by the Terms and Conditions may constitute an infringement of our Rights and/or the Rights of our licensors. We and our licensors reserve the right to exercise all rights and remedies available in respect of any infringement of Rights in our Website or the Materials accessible on it.
RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
- Nothing in the Terms and Conditions should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any such trade marks or our domain name.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
- While we take steps to ensure that the Website and/or Materials do not contain inaccuracies and typographical errors, we cannot guarantee this and we do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the Website and/or Materials.
YOUR LIABILITY TO US
- You acknowledge that any use by you of the Materials or our Website in a manner not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions may mean that you are infringing our Rights and/or the Rights of our third party licensors and we and our licensors reserve all rights and remedies against you in respect of any such infringement.
- You hereby agree to compensate us, our group companies, our clients, associates and affiliates from and against any loss, cost, damage, expense or liability we may suffer as a result of:
- your unauthorised use of the Materials and/or our Website.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
- You may link to any page of our Website for non-commercial purposes provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. For the avoidance of doubt, the linking site must not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
- You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not remove, obscure or modify in any way any advertisements, copyright notice, or other information on our Website. Our Website must not be framed on any other site.
- If you would like to link to our Website for commercial purposes or any purpose not included above, please contact us. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time and without notice.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- Our Website and/or the Materials may contain links to third party websites and services. If you decide to visit any third party site or use a third party service, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites or services. Links do not imply that we are, or our Website are, affiliated to or associated with such sites or services.
- Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your use of other services, including websites and services which have a link to our Website, is subject to that operator's own rules and policies. Please read those rules and policies before proceeding.
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND APPLICABLE LAW
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid for any reason, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by either of us to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information.
We may gather the following information about you:
/ Email address
/ Telephone number
/ IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
/ Mobile device ID
/ Information provided by you in relation to submitting a job application to us (this may include sensitive personal information, e.g., ethnic origin)
How do we use it?
- We will use this information in the following ways:
/ To provide you with information that you have requested, e.g., newsletters, bulletins
/ To respond to specific queries you may raise regarding Hundredweight and its operating companies
/ To provide you with better ways of accessing information from this website
/ To process and consider your job application
- We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates, or third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information if we or any of our assets are the subject of a sale or similar corporate transaction. We will ensure that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
- We will only provide information to you that you have asked for via the website.
- We are a global company and therefore we may transfer your personal information to countries around the world including the United States and other countries outside Europe. We will, where necessary, put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure your information is protected.
- We will keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out above.
- We may use information obtained from cookies or similar technology. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which we download onto your computer or device when you visit our website. Therefore, when we refer to “you” in this section we mean your computer. We can recognize these cookies on subsequent visits and they allow us to remember you.
- Cookies come in many forms. We have set out below the main types and categories of cookies that are used. This section refers to all types and categories of cookies and not just those we use on our website.
/ First- and third-party cookies. Whether a cookie is first party or third party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user, the website displayed in the URL window, e.g., hundredweight.com.au. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
/ Persistent cookies. These cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
/ Session cookies. These cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
/ Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies certain services you have asked for cannot be provided.
/ Performance cookies—these cookies collect information on the pages visited.
These cookies collect information about how users use a website; for instance, which pages users go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve how the website works.
/ Functionality cookies—these cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to help provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized; they cannot track your browsing activity to other websites.
/ Targeting cookies or advertising cookies—these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organizations.
If you want to delete any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in the future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
- We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Please contact us using the details set out below.
- If your personal information or your preferences change, you don’t want us to send you the information you have requested, or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us using the details set out below.